Follow the different paths below to invoice a quote, assuming that you already created a quote.
- Red lines in flowchart: Patient comes for a consultation receives a quote and is requested to do a (partial) pre-payment. Invoice is created afterwards
- Green lines in flowchart: Patient comes for a consultation, receives and accepts the quote. Clinic sends an invoice with a request to do a pre-payment.
- Yellow lines in flowchart : registration of payment (partial or full). This is often done by the back-office (finance dept).
The advantage of sending an invoice before a payment is made, is that it urges patients to make the payment. The disadvantage is that when patients change their mind and cancel the treatment, you need to credit the invoice (i.e., more administrative work).
There are two routes to invoice a quote
The route that most probably the backoffice / finance person will take. Go to menu > finance > quotes tab and search for the patient quote. Click on the link invoice.
By going to the patient overview window find the applicable consultation, go to the quote tab and click on the invoice link
Invoice notes: When you create invoice you can add invoice notes. These can be used to give payment instructions.
Routes to make quotes in Clinicminds
- During consultation make a quote
- During consultation create a treatment-plan and make a quote
- During consultation create a treatment-plan and make a quote afterwards